Please submit your email address and we will reply within 48 hours. Thank you.
During this highly interactive course, participants will learn how to set up a Zoom classroom and manage participants while utilizing a PowerPoint presentation.
Topics will include:
- Chat room management
- Utilization of the white board
- Inviting participation
- Keys to excellence
- Eye contact and camera use
- Utilization of a concept sheet for greater learning
- How to use the waiting room, and more
Jamie Wolf, MPPA is a sociologist, Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst, public speaker & facilitator who builds comedy into intellectual, philosophical and leadership topics. Jamie has appeared on Fox News, Good Morning America and is a regular on local Seattle radio. Wolf has significant experience holding leadership roles in numerous capacities within restorative justice and public safety environments. Jamie’s practical experience has given them the necessary insight to become an exceptional educator on numerous subject matters. Jamie’s experience includes working many years as a Probation Officer where they managed and supervised units of up to 32 sworn officers, successfully implemented numerous large-scale, highly effective, evidence-based programs, and served as the Training Manager for over 600 employees. Jamie has enjoyed the privilege of creating exceptional learning environments for at-risk-youth in custody settings and adults within colleges, public service organizations, and law enforcement departments for over 25 years.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- List the steps to set up a Zoom room and PowerPoint in the Zoom room
- Utilize backgrounds and set up the professional “on-line office”
- Utilize the whiteboard during class
- Name three ways to invite and encourage participation including mute controls and utilization of the Zoom chat rooms
- Describe the importance of eye contact and how to set up the camera to facilitate eye contact
- List three PowerPoint “musts” specific to the Zoom room experience
When every training on the Island Consulting and Training (ICT) calendar was cancelled due to COVID-19, Jamie knew that they would need to practice what they preached and “PIVOT” in a big way. Within a month, ICT held our first “Live On-Line STC Approved Course” and since then has held 30 courses on various topics, learning as we went. Since ironing out the bumps, probation departments and educators have booked 95 additional Live On-Line seminars scheduled for this training year and we would like to share our “insider success secrets” with you. This course will help you avoid some of the mistakes we made and give you many tricks of the trade, specific to on-line training in the law enforcement environment.