Commitment to Excellence
ICT is committed to providing the latest, experiential, evidence-based, culturally competent training and consulting services to your department or organization. To that end, we seek out and participate in continuing education and certification at the highest levels of interactive learning available.
Jamie Wolf founded Island Consulting and Training in 2006. Having enjoyed a career in public sector management, Jamie was well aware of how advanced-level training in law enforcement environments would make an enormous impact on not only the professionals who protect and serve the public, but on the community as a whole.
Jamie saw the need for this type of evidence-based training throughout all restorative justice and public safety environments, schools, social work and other public service organizations. Through their immense passion and dedication, Jamie continues to solve complex problems in these environments by providing the most up-to-date, cutting edge training available.
Island Consulting & Training
Global Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At Island Consulting and Training (ICT), we work to create and support equitable and inclusive spaces where we all can succeed. Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), and culturally competent service are defining characteristics of our business practices and training program.
The mission of ICT along with our breadth of direct experience, education, and training, support our commitment to celebrating and educating on DEI topics. We know that inclusion is as a proven catalyst of personal, professional, and economic growth and success.
At ICT, we bring the unique strength of living, working, and playing in global settings with individuals and groups from many different ethnicities, abilities, classes, ages, backgrounds, languages, cultures, genders, families, sexual orientations, philosophical beliefs, and identities into our curriculum.
Our success supports our thirty-year, active commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion – for everyone.
Instructor Specialty: Jamie has led thousands of seminars groups that address DEI issues directly related to current events in North America. Jamie brings a very special lens as they are a retired peace officer and have worked with fifty counties and studied the wide-ranging cultures within law enforcement around issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Jamie can navigate within all these environments and tailor the message to a specific audience.
Jamie has studied issues of diversity and inclusion their entire life and has hundreds of hours of training, specific to these issues including a year in an intensive Non-Violent Communication program in Oakland, CA working with many diverse and divergent groups. They have also studied under a multitude of diversity of subject matter experts and take related courses regularly to update their learning.
Jamie’s work in this capacity exposed them to many of the ways humans express their personal identity. Jamie also learned about the deep complexity of the human-being and how our basic human needs for equality and respect impact our actions. Jamie came to understand that only through a lens of intersectionality, can our goals of healthy, inclusive workplace environments for all be met. Jamie’s study and personal experience bring the “human” factor to these courses.
Please visit our Diversity Section to learn more about specific training opportunities.
Special Honors & Awards
• In 2023 Jamie complete the Trauma-Informed Practices for Schools Training of Trainer workshop, receiving this certificate.
• In May of 2023, Jamie attended a specialized two day training for trainers course entitled Trauma-Informed Practices for Schools (TIPS). The training was provided by Los Angeles County Office of Education’s Foster Youth Services Technical Assistance Program.
• In November 2022, Jamie completed Helping Clients Undo Patterns of Pleasing and Appeasing. Instructors: Ruth Buczynski PhD; Dan Siegel, MD; Bessel van der Kolk, MD; Pat Ogden, PhD;, Ruth Lanius, MD, PhD; Stephen Porges, PhD. 3.5 hours at the National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine.
• On June 9, 2022, Jamie completed an immersive course of study facilitated by The Learning Well at La Clinica, Medford, OR, USA and became a Certified Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
• In May 2022, Jamie was one of five on the committee for Seattle Human Services Coalition – Identifying Structural Racism Folio (ISRF). The committee updated the Folio which has been used internationally. The SHSC Board of Directors approved our final draft in May of 2022 and we will launch the new version in July of 2022. Tools to assist human service organizations identify and eliminate structural racism their organization. The IDSR Assessment Process/Tool builds on the 2020 Vision Campaign by creating a practical means to Organize and train human service providers to recognize institutional racism and remove racist barriers that inhibit access to services.” The process/tool can be used by community members to identify, assess, and begin the process to eliminate structural racism and its negative effects within organizations. It is our expectation that an honest and courageous examination of structural racism will lead to a commitment to eliminate racist barriers embedded in our human service organizations and to recognize them in other situations as well. The process enables members of the human services community to build awareness, leadership, and act on their commitment by taking the personal risk required for organic and sustained anti-racist change.
• In May 2022, Jamie was a return presenter at the 2022 Ventura County Office of Education Equity Conference for two sessions. Session I Title: Understanding the Neuroscience Behind Implicit and Explicit Bias, Session II Title: Utilizing Emotional Intelligence to Understand Implicit and Explicit Bias and Create Inclusive Environments.
• In June 2021, Jamie completed Treating Trauma Master Series – The neurobiology of Attachment. Instructors: Ruth Buczynski PhD; Dan Siegel, MD; Bessel van der Kolk, MD; Pat Ogden, PhD;, Ruth Lanius, MD, PhD; Stephen Porges, PhD. 4 hours at the National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine
• In April 2021 Jamie presented the VCOE Foster Youth Services LGBTQ+ Awareness Training.
• In March of 2021 Jamie was a presenter at the 2021 Ventura County Office of Education Equity Conference for two sessions. Session I Title: Understanding the Neuroscience Behind Implicit and Explicit Bias, Session II Title: Utilizing Emotional Intelligence to Understand Implicit and Explicit Bias and Create Inclusive Environments.
• In February 2021 Jamie presented the VCOE Foster Youth Services Utilizing Emotional Intelligence to Understand Implicit Bias.
• In November 2020, Jamie presented the VCOE Foster Youth Services Cultural Competence Workshop.
• RESCHEDULED DUE TO COVID: In October 2020, Jamie will lead two four hour seminars focusing on Title 15: Trauma Informed Care for Training Manager’s Seminar (TMS) 2020 in Cambria, CA. Jamie is widely known for their expertise in this area. In 2018, Island Consulting and Training conducted a study of childhood trauma in probation staff and the children in custody. Numerous Probation Departments participated in that study. The findings in both groups were analyzed and compared by an unrelated group. Those findings were shocking. This highly focused seminar is specifically designed for probation staff utilizing evidence based data collected in California Probation Departments and Jamie’s eight hour seminar examines this critical issue in depth.
• In March, 2020, ICT Created and implemented an On-Line Training Platform that has enjoyed tremendous success. During 2019, Jamie invested $170,000 in a new “civilian centered” on-line training and consulting business. That business is thriving and has been active for approximately one year. Jamie presently leads live on-line seminars and one-on-one coaching sessions, meetings and has experienced great success with this new live on-line classroom experience. Because of this, ICT was ready to begin facilitating STC training immediately via the ZOOM platform when the pandemic began.
To learn more about this, please visit our “Live On-Line Training Program Page“.
• In February 2020, Jamie presented a seminar titled: Creating a Culture of Continuous Improvement: The Fine Art of Performance Management. This was a custom designed seminar that 100% of the 118 participants rated this as “an excellent learning experience.”
• RESCHEDULED DUE TO COVID: In November, 2019, Jamie will be the Key Note at The Special Populations Seminar in Camarillo, CA presented by Foster Youth Services, Ventura County Office of Education. Jamie will additionally present two – one – hour presentations entitled The Path to Health Through Understanding Trauma and Resiliency – focused on disseminating “inspiration and information” around families and children who receive services from myriad organizations including, but not limited to Foster Youth Services.
• In October, 2019, Jamie was a presenter at the CAPIA (California Association Probation Institutions Administrators) conference for the Southern California Region as a subject matter expert in exceptional leadership models within restorative justice and public safety environment’s for juveniles and at-risk youth in custody settings. Jamie received specialized training in this area at the Department of Justice.
• In July 2019, Jamie completed Treating Trauma Master Series – The neurobiology of Trauma – What’s Going On In the Brain When Someone Experiences Trauma? Instructors: Ruth Buczynski PhD; Dan Siegel, MD; Bessel van der Kolk, MD; Pat Ogden, PhD;, Ruth Lanius, MD, PhD; Stephen Porges, PhD. 10 Hours at the National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine.
• Also in May 2019, Jamie completed How to Foster Post-Traumatic Growth. Instructors: Ruth Buczynski PhD; Dan Siegel, MD; Bessel van der Kolk, MD; Pat Ogden, PhD;, Ruth Lanius, MD, PhD; Stephen Porges, PhD. At the National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine
• In May 2019 Jamie presented an 8 hour seminar – Mission, Vision to Objectives & Implementation Workshop – to 118 participants, all of whom rated this as “an excellent learning experience.”
• In 2018 and 2019, Jamie participated in 80 hours of training specific to emotional intelligence, visioning and implementing best practices.
• Became a member of a Master Mind group whose focus is Emotional Intelligence and the work of Daniel Goleman, Ph.D and others as it relates to personal transformation/rehabilitation in the law enforcement environment.
• In 2019, Jamie became a Certified Life Mastery Consultant and began a second company that specializes in work with couples and groups around personal and interpersonal excellence and non violent communication.
• In January 2019, Jamie was the Keynote Speaker for Exceptional Leadership Models – California Association Probation Institutions Administrators, issued by CAPIA (California Association Probation Institutions Administrators). “Jaime was invited to present training for our annual CAPIA Conference (California Association of Probation Institution Administrators). The … attendee’s … raved about Jamie’s innovative yet, compassionate approach to Emotional Intelligence as it relates to the individual both in and out of the work place. The insights provided, aid in the development of great leaders and professionals in our law enforcement community!” -Angelica Daniel, Supervising Probation Officer, Riverside County Probation
• In October, 2019, Jamie presented at CAPIA (California Association Probation Institutions Administrators) conference for the Southern California Region as a subject matter expert in exceptional leadership models within restorative justice and public safety environment’s for juveniles and at-risk youth in custody settings. Jamie received specialized training in this area at the United States Department of Justice.
• In September of 2018, Jamie facilitated the Bay Area Training Officer’s Executive Planning 2018 Retreat in Napa, CA.
• In May of 2018, Island Consulting and Training presented a four hour course about trauma informed care at the Cliffs Resort for CCTOA.
• In September 2017, Jamie was the plenary speaker for CPPCA on the beautiful Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA where they introduced their study of trauma and resiliency in law enforcement staff and methodologies surrounding our need for self care. The seminar received outstanding reviews.
• In November, 2016, Jamie was selected as a subject matter expert to present to CAPIA at their annual conference. The topic was: Unpacking SB1143: Discovery, Implementation, Compliance. The seminar received outstanding reviews and was attended by over one hundred law enforcement leaders.
• In 2016, Jamie became a Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst and Certified Professional Driving Forces Analyst (what drives people to do what they do) and has teamed with Target Training International to bring evidence based tools to measure behaviors, motivators, emotional quotients, and stress quotients of staff.
• In September 2016, Jamie completed 200 hours of immersion training in Nonviolent Communication (NVC) and is committed to an instructor certification process in Oakland, CA.
• 2015: Jamie was selected as a feature presenter at the Training Manager’s Seminar held at the Cliff’s Resort in Pismo Beach, CA. Jamie’s course, Ethical Decision Making and Risk Management, received exceptional reviews.
• In 2015, Jamie completed 150 hours of continued education focused specifically on Collaborative Leadership and Conflict Resolution. 30 of those hours were specifically dedicated to:
o Advanced Training in Motivational Interviewing
o Conflict Resolution
• 2014: Jamie was selected as a feature presenter at the Training Manager’s Seminar (TMS) held at the Cliff’s Resort in Pismo Beach, CA. Jamie’s course, Generational Diversity received exceptional reviews.
• In 2014 and 2015, Jamie Wolf dedicated 120 hours of continued education to:
o Effective and practical communication skills, tools, and techniques
o New tools to increase a sense of buy-in and ownership among your team while also building a stronger team as a whole
o Ownership language vs. victim language
o Ways to enhance awareness of and commitment to personal accountability and integrity in the workplace
o New and cooperative responses to move from conflict to collaboration
o Skills to help you thrive during changes and transitions in the workplace
o Necessary tools to take appropriate risks that will lead to enhanced performance and results
The Black Belt of Excellence Presented to Supervisor Wolf
“In appreciation for your outstanding leadership, dedication & contributions to the Officer Safety Training Team”